Thursday, January 22, 2009

Exercises in Optimism

Occasionally I realize that I tend to assume things are more difficult and sinister than they really are. For example, I was lamenting over the fact that I can get ridiculous amounts of news on comic books (much more than I want), video games, movies, television, and what have you, but I can't find a site that has interesting news and opinions on philosophy.

"Well, have you really looked?" a voice whispered in the back of my head... so I shrugged and googled "philosophy." Good place to start, right?

This is the first thing that came up: http://www.philosophy.com/

We are doomed. Absolutely doomed.

3 comments:

Franklin Walther said...

But Syd, they have official Oprah brand Hope in a Jar. In a jar!

Sydney MacLean said...

DOOOOOOMED!

But then again, Plato said that beauty is truth.

Janko Raven said...

I knew what you were about to find as soon as you said that.

What's terrible is they make excellent shampoo. *runs and hides*