Thursday, June 3, 2010

Oh god, I figured it out

Do you remember that post I made about X-Men day and the new X-Men title and how it is all about vampires versus mutants and made absolutely no sense? I called it "Fuck you very much, Marvel Comics?"

I thought this was just a result of a serious ether binge or someone's cousin was made an editor.

Well, it gets more retarded than I could have possibly imagined.

Marvel Comics is trying to cash in on Twilight mania with a "vampire epic."

I can't even stand to read the article. It is making me sick. Why? Because this kind of shit becomes continuity and it makes the title even more inaccessible than it already is.

My favorite line from scanning the article:

"We wanted Dracula to be cool. We wanted Dracula to be bad ass and not sort of rehash the same old thing. We wanted to preserve the 'vampire-ness' at the core that is Dracula but still give him a good, hip, cool, bad ass look."

I repeat: Fuck you very much.

1 comment:

Janko Raven said...

All I can manage to say is:

what is this I don't even